Ronald Moreci
Ronald Moreci,
Experience:  Owner at carTUNEist automotive

Mercury sable ls: airbag light and buzzing

I own a 1994 mercuey sable LS which has 85000 miles on it. It has had a blinking airbag light for months, now however there is a highpitched buzzing which matches the cycle of five flashing on the dash.  This buzzing only happens after you turn the car off. the buzzing continues for about 7 cycles then stops.It seems to be coming from the area of the passenger airbag located on the dash. Why the change?

Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ronald Moreci replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Sorry you're having car problems. If I go off line, just leave a message and I'll be right back. DO NOT leave feedback yet.

The change is because there are additional problems now, telling you that the car is UNSAFE to drive. The only way you will get to the reason is by scanning the computer for codes and diagnosing what is wrong with it. Most shops can do this for you with their specialized equipment. Thanks, Ron

Please note; your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT SERVICE

3-5 STARS /SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT. I strive for EXCELLENT ratings.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces equal (POOR AND BAD SERVICE) and are NEGATIVE ratings on me personally. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you. Positive feedback is my goal.

Thank you, Ron

Please note: not every answer I give you is something you were hoping to hear, even though it is true, such as; (it's more expensive than you wanted to spend, or you will need to have a professional repair shop do the diagnostics and /or repairs due to complexity reasons).

Ronald Moreci,
Experience: Owner at carTUNEist automotive