I punched the dash above the passenger airbag on a mercury mountaineer and dented the dash. how do I remove this dash cover to bend it back?
Country: United StatesMake: MercuryModel: mountaneerYear: 2006Engine: v8
INSTRUMENT PANELRemoval and Installation 1. Remove the A-pillar and RH cowl side trim panels. 2. Remove the front floor console. 3. Depower the supplemental restraint system (SRS). 4. Remove the instrument panel side finish panels. 5. Remove the instrument panel center finish panel. - Disconnect the electrical connectors. 6. Remove the steering column opening cover. 1 Remove the 2 screws. 2 Remove the steering column opening cover. 7. Remove the upper and lower steering column covers. 1 Remove the 3 screws. 2 Remove the covers. 8. Disconnect the steering column electrical connectors.
9. Remove the RH side cowl panel and disconnect the components behind it in this order. 1 Disconnect the bulkhead electrical connector. 2 Disconnect the vacuum electrical connector. 3 Disconnect the inertia switch electrical connector. 4 Disconnect the 2 ground strap screws. 10. Open the glove compartment and disconnect the antenna lead-in cable.
11. Remove the parking brake release handle. 1 Remove the 2 screws. 2 Remove the release handle.
12. Disconnect the LH side instrument panel bulkhead electrical connector.
13. CAUTION: To avoid damage to the clockspring, do not allow the steering column shaft to rotate while the intermediate shaft is disconnected. Remove the steering column shaft pinch bolt. - To install, tighten to 40 Nm (30 lb-ft).
14. From atop the accelerator pedal, disconnect the RH adjustable pedal electrical connector.
15. From the LH side of the brake pedal, disconnect the adjustable pedal motor electrical connector. 16. Disconnect the brake light switch electrical connector.
17. NOTE: RH side shown, LH side similar. Remove the RH and LH instrument panel center braces. 1 Remove the 4 instrument panel brace bolts. 2 Remove the 4 instrument panel brace nuts. - To install, tighten to 9 Nm (80 lb-in). 18. Remove the 6 instrument panel bolts. - Remove the covers and remove the bolts. - To install, tighten to 30 Nm (22 lb-ft).
19. CAUTION: When connecting the RCM electrical connector, do not push the connector on to where the lever pivots and seats itself. Light pressure is needed to get the connector into position on the RCM before using the lever to fully seat the connector. Disconnect the large RCM electrical connector. 1 Pinch the thumb tab and pivot the large RCM electrical connector position assurance lever all the way back until it stops. 2 Pull out and disconnect the large RCM electrical connector. 20. Disconnect the center ground strap bolt. - To install, tighten to 9 Nm (80 lb-in). 21. CAUTION: - To avoid damage to the instrument panel, an assistant is required to support the panel before carrying out this step. - Before removing the instrument panel, make sure all electrical connector wiring is free and not hindered. Remove the 4 instrument panel bolts. - To install, tighten to 30 Nm (22 lb-ft). 22. Remove the instrument panel. 23. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
INSTRUMENT PANEL - EXPLODED VIEW
Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP
Im talking about the canvas/leather piece on the passenger side dash that says airbag on it. It's above the glove compartment. I don't think your answer is what I am talking about. please help
Hello and welcome to Justanswer,My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am here to assist you with your question.Because the other expert isnt here let me see if I can help you. The cover can be removed but to do so you will need to remove the air bag module. To do so you will need to depower the air bag system. I have enclosed instructions for the cover, the air bag module and the procedure for depowering the system. Let me know if you need more information.DOWNLOAD HERE and HERE and HEREPlease note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again. Thank you.Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you. Thank you, Ron.Ron41104.5798850347
" I haven't received a rating for my answer. Are you having issues rating me? Please reply back and let me know; rating is a critical part of the question process. Thank you."