rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Mercury Grand Marquis: The engine oil change notification came

The engine oil change notification came up on the information center but after changing the oil and holding the reset button for 3 seconds and the notification went away I could not access any other information from the information center and when I shut the car off and turned it back on I still had the screen saying it was time for a oil change. Am I doing something wrong?

rpmdiag :

Thanks for your question. Sorry you're having car problems. If I go off line, just leave a message and I'll be right back. DO NOT leave feedback yet. I attached the procedure for you to follow. Thanks, Ron

Attachment: 2012-07-08_143739_service_and_repair.pdf

Full Size Image

rpmdiag :

Please note; your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE /3-5 STARS /SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to rate the same as mentioned above, EXCEPT you are not charged again.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces equal (POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a NEGATIVE rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you,

Thank you, Ron

Please note: not every answer I give you is something you were hoping to hear, even though it is true, such as; (it’s more expensive than you wanted to spend, or you will need to have a professional repair shop do the diagnostics and /or repairs due to complexity reasons).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not get anything when I hit select only a message that says hit reset to get rid of the oil change light. Once I do this then there is only a blank screen however if I hit select there is a indicator light that comes on .
It's there, it says ATTACHMENT on it. Just click that and it should load. It's working on my end. Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, but I am talking about the car, I did get your attachment but I do not get anything when pushing the select button. After clearing the oil change notification there is a blank screen.

OK, then try this re-learn procedure, and if it doesn't work, then the unit itself is bad. Thanks, Ron

Relearn procedure:
Disconnect both battery cables for 20 minutes and touch the 2 cable ends together for 10 seconds. After the 20 minutes has expired, re-connect the cables and start and drive vehicle for about 15 minutes under a variety of conditions such as idle, cruise and wide open throttle, to do a complete re-learn of the rest of the computer system.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks I will try this and get back with you.

OK thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That took care of the problem.

Excellent, pleas don't forget to rate me now. Thanks, Ron