Steve
Steve, Mercury Technician
Experience:  25 years experience working for Mercury Dealer. Master tech
43460220

1999 Mercury Sable: heater blows great, it just doesnt blow hot.

I have a 1999 Mercury Sable. The heater blows great, it just does'nt blow hot. I could'nt find a fuse for it to check. What could it be?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

Are both heater hoses to the heater core hot on both sides. To the touch?

Customer:

I don't know. I did'nt check that. The car has'nt ran all day. Do I need to let it run for a bit?

Customer:

I don't know. I didn't check that. The car hasn't ran all day. Do I need to let it run for a bit?

Steve :

Steve :

yes run the car until it is hot and see if the hoses are hot on both sides of the heter core to the touch

Steve :

sorry computer crashed just got back online

Customer:

Yes, all hoses feel hot

Steve :

then the blend door actuate is bad. it is electronically controlled and moves the heater door from hot to cold. It is in the plenum under the dash.

Customer:

What does it look like and how do I get to it to change?

Steve :

Ill get a pics and directions hang on

Steve :

this is what it looks like

Steve :

do you want directions on how to replace it yourself?

Customer:

Would I get to that inside the car or under the hood?

Customer:

I'm sorry, yes I would appreciate the directions to fix myself

Steve :

It is under the dash. I will send the directions as a blue link. Click on the blue link when you see it. It is in a pdf format.

Steve :

click on the blue full size image for directions on replacement.

Steve :

Hi are you still there?

Steve :

do you have further questions on your concern?

Steve :

If no further questions please hit the green accept button so I may get credit thanks.

Customer:

I got it. Thank you for your help.

Steve :

your welcome

Steve, Mercury Technician
Experience: 25 years experience working for Mercury Dealer. Master tech