6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  Ford Senior Master tech.
63005990

2000 sable: LS...connection plug in the trunk to install a cd player

I have a 2000 sable LS. Factory radio with casette but buttons for cd player.' Is it true there is a connection plug in the trunk to install a cd player that will be operated with the factory radio buttons?

no response for a long time on this question

Category: Mercury
Expert:  Mat replied 5 years ago.

Hi I would like to help you out. Not all sable will be prewired from the factory, some were and some weren't you need to inspect for the connector in the left side of the luggage compartment. (trunk) It would be under the black matting cover. Here is a picture and c243 is the connector for the cd changer, if its there its pre wired, if not it can not be installed. Thanks look at b1 coordinates in the last pic to see c243.

graphic

graphic

Mat, Mercury Technician
Experience: FLM Senior Master Tech, ASE master Tech, auto trans and driveability
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if its prewired then will the cd player be operated with the buttons on the factory radio?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
a long wait for a yes or no answer
Expert:  6Bucs replied 5 years ago.

Hi, different expert here. Mat is correct and the wiring harness options are really vague...You'll have to look for the harness in the trunk.

To answer your follow up question, Yes, if you install a factory CD changer into the harness, it will work with the stock stereo.

To run an aftermarket changer, there is an adapter harness that can be purchased from car stereo retailers. I looked at 2 sables and a taurus in our shop. The sable had the wiring there.

6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Experience: Ford Senior Master tech.