Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  23 Years with Ford, 12 Year Ford Senior Master, ASE Master.

2001 Mercury Sable: the temperature sensor, but the engine temp gauge

I have a 2001 Mercury Sable LS. I just replaced the temperature sensor, but the engine temp gauge just stays below C. What is the problem and can I troubleshoot on my own?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Shawn E replied 5 years ago.

Hi, welcome to my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be answering your question.

The most likely cause of this is a stuck open thermostat replace the thermostat. If you had replaced the temp sending unit which is different from the temp sensor and the thermostat is okay then it is a problem with the wiring and guage. Most of the time it is the thermostat.

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and Bonuses are appreciated. Thank you, Shawn.