CTMercuryTech
CTMercuryTech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lincoln Mercury Factory Trained
9926638

2005 Mountaineer: 4 tires..sensors..AWD locks and abs light also comes

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mountaineer with AWD, 4 wheel ABS and traction control. Have replaced all 4 tires, both front wheel bearings and sensors. Now AWD locks and ABS light also comes on.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  CTMercuryTech replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is Kyle and I will be the Mercury Expert assisting you out today.

Before I can help you, I will need to know:

• Have you have the vehicle scanned to check for codes in the ABS module?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. We had codes previously for the sensors, first the front drivers (replaced bearing and sensor) which fixed problem for a week or so. Then front passenger (replaced bearing and sensor). Several days later ABS, Adv trac, and AWD lights came on within minutes of driving vehicle, computer would disable those. Took in to garage, scan called for front passenger again, replaced bearing and sensor again, codes were clear. Backed out, put in drive, and AWD locked. Drove vehicle short distance with scanner attached, showed different speeds for front wheels.
It sounds like either there is a faulty wire from the front sensors too the ABS module or the module is bad. I would recommend having the wires ohm's out for both front speed sensor circuits to the module.