Eric N
Eric N, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

I need Smart Junction Box for 2004 SablePart # 4F1Z-15K604-DA

Customer Question

I need Smart Junction Box for 2004 Sable
Part # XXXXX
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Eric N replied 3 years ago.
Hi. There are several options for ordering a smart junction box, depending in if you have daytime running lights, keyless entry, remote keyless entry etc... If I can please have the VIN number I can look up the correct application for your car and give you the part number and price. Thanks, Eric
Experience: ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Vin #1MEFM55S844603542
Expert:  Eric N replied 3 years ago.
Ok, Thank you. Be right back!
Expert:  Eric N replied 3 years ago.
I just tried to enter the VIN and it is not correct. Please recheck the VIN and get back to me. It is also on a sticker in the drivers door jamb area. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1MEFM55S84A603542
Expert:  Eric N replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Eric,

Did you find anything and if so where and how do I get the part.
Expert:  Eric N replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Hold on 1 sec please

Expert:  Eric N replied 3 years ago.

Ok. The part number that matches your VIN is 4F1Z-15604-DA. The price is 235.51. To purchase this fuse box you need to visit the parts department of a local dealer. They will have to order if from Ford. Also, note that your security keys may need to be reprogrammed after installing this fuse box. As it holds the programmed key information. Thanks, Eric

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was told that the part is obsolete and they had checked and no Ford dealers have this
part because it is not made. I thought they had to make the parts for 10 years after the
car has been made.
Expert:  Eric N replied 3 years ago.
I don't know about the 10 year thing, but I am at the dealer now. Let me check and get back to you.
Expert:  Eric N replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Who ever you talked to is correct. i just checked with my parts department and it is obsolete. That really sucks. For whatever reason Fords manufacturer is not producing them anymore. There are only 2 options now. 1 is to go to a junkyard for a used one. The second option is my parts department was able to locate 1. But it is at a dealer in Puerto Rico. The name is Autos Vegas. And the number is 787-782-4030. They may be able to sell you that one. I am as frustrated as you are about this. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.