Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2002 sable: liter engine..engine cuts..engine codes..Coil pack

2002 sable standard 3 liter engine cuts out above 3500rpm with no engine codes. Coil pack was replaced with no improvement. Engine runs fine at lower rpms. Occasionally the engine will run fine at higher rpms, but rarely. Looking for way to determine the cause.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

One common cause for a rpm limiting type problem are clogged catlalytic converters. You can remove a oxygen sensor before the converter to see if that helps, if so replace. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You are suggesting to disconnect the oxygen sensor on the engine side of the catalytic converter so the computer will ignore back pressure from the converter? If the engine improves, could it be a bad sensor?
I'm saying to actually remove the oxygen sensor from the exhaust to relieve some pressure incase the converter is clogged...If engine improved then its a clogged converter.