Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

1999 Mercury Villager: Tachometer and Speedometer stick..tach..speedo

Customer Question

1999 Mercury Villager. Tachometer and Speedometer "stick" at random locations while driving, for example, tach will stop at 2K, and speedo stop at 35mph. Whacking dash will make them readjust to the correct values, but they stick again immediately. It is not a defective instrument cluster, I've tried two replacement clusters, they do exactly the same thing. When you shut off the car they will settle back to zero.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.

I am sorry no one has gotten to you, Many reasons can cause us Ford techs to overlook a question like:

• The question is just to hard to figure out an answer
  • The question is undervalued
  • There are not enough details to post an answer
  • Its a concern thats going to require some in person diagnostics to figure out.

I personally do not know the answer to your question at this time. If you want to adjust the value or add more details then please do so. In the event you reply and I still do not know the answer I will opt out and let all the experts take another look at the post. I just like all the others are only going to get involved with a question if we are at least 90% sure we can solve the question, any percentage less and we get worried about negative feedback from the customer or no payment in the form of pressing accept.