Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

2008 mercury milan: the tools and replacement, but power steering unit

how does my son change a thermostat in a 4 c 2008 mercury milan? I have the tools and replacement, but power steering unit seems to b in the way...

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Download these FORD DIRECTIONS to see if the images help, I know it seems like parts must be removed to gain access but with small tools it can be done.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't seem to open for doc the way you sent it on my computer

basically, what the ford info said (I imported ford answer from my phone to open) is that my son does not have to take anything belt-wise out . 'just use small tools.

so in saying above, Neal reset the computer by removing neg battery terminal. check engine light removed itself from car .

husband will drive car to park and rid to see if check engine light turns on again...
maybe just an opened thermostat????

Did you get the download to open, if not reply back and I will send it another way.