Daryl
Daryl, Mercury Technician
Experience:  27 year experience as auto tech
8994801
Mercury

Mercury Sable what is the firing order on a 3.o L

what is the firing order... Show More
what is the firing order on a 3.o L

Pic below,

graphic

Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
i have a misfire on no# XXXXX and NO#3 what is most comen to fail the injector or the coil.?
It could be either or even something else, I would suspect the injector problem first because the cylinders are on different coils.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
i have a misfire on #5 I'v changed the injector and still have a misfire i'v also changed the coil's around and still have a misfire on # XXXXX
What happened with the misfire on 1 and 3 and did the 5 misfire start after you fixed that problem?
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
yes the misfire on #5 started after that
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.

is each injector numbered with each cylinder and not like the coil's

Yes each injector is above the cylinder it is used for.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
<p>ok what i found is when i disconnect the harness to the #5 coil there is no power there . does not make a difference, harness pluged into coil or not </p>
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
the misfire on #5 has no electrical power where does the power come from the computer?
So you are saying the injector has no voltage to it? Is that with the key on?
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
yes with car running i disconnect the harness to the coil and there is no difference in power.
How are you checking this ?
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
how should i go about checking the power voltage from the coil's harness. what is it's main sorce
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
is it come from the PCM
Ok I would start by removing the connector to the injector, check it for voltage using a 12 volt test light or meter, one side or the other of the terminal should have voltage with the key on.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.

ok . im talking about the coil though .i checked the voltage on the harness to the coil it has 13.5V and still #5 has the misfire and also #3 now.

Is there spark out of the coils?
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
yes there is spark out of the coils
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
yes the coil has spark.
If the coil has spark then there is no reason to check the power and grounding to the coil it is working. I would suspect a fuel pressure issue.
Yes low fuel pressure can cause a misfire and it can be random, meaning that it may change to other cylinders