Daryl
Daryl, Mercury Technician
Experience:  27 year experience as auto tech
8994801

Mercury Sable what is the firing order on a 3.o L

what is the firing order on a 3.o L
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Daryl replied 3 years ago.

Pic below,

graphic

Daryl, Mercury Technician
Experience: 27 year experience as auto tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have a misfire on no# XXXXX and NO#3 what is most comen to fail the injector or the coil.?
Expert:  Daryl replied 3 years ago.
It could be either or even something else, I would suspect the injector problem first because the cylinders are on different coils.
Daryl, Mercury Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have a misfire on #5 I'v changed the injector and still have a misfire i'v also changed the coil's around and still have a misfire on # XXXXX
Expert:  Daryl replied 3 years ago.
What happened with the misfire on 1 and 3 and did the 5 misfire start after you fixed that problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes the misfire on #5 started after that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is each injector numbered with each cylinder and not like the coil's

Expert:  Daryl replied 3 years ago.
Yes each injector is above the cylinder it is used for.
Daryl, Mercury Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>ok what i found is when i disconnect the harness to the #5 coil there is no power there . does not make a difference, harness pluged into coil or not </p>
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the misfire on #5 has no electrical power where does the power come from the computer?
Expert:  Daryl replied 3 years ago.
So you are saying the injector has no voltage to it? Is that with the key on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes with car running i disconnect the harness to the coil and there is no difference in power.
Expert:  Daryl replied 3 years ago.
How are you checking this ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how should i go about checking the power voltage from the coil's harness. what is it's main sorce
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is it come from the PCM
Expert:  Daryl replied 3 years ago.
Ok I would start by removing the connector to the injector, check it for voltage using a 12 volt test light or meter, one side or the other of the terminal should have voltage with the key on.
Daryl, Mercury Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok . im talking about the coil though .i checked the voltage on the harness to the coil it has 13.5V and still #5 has the misfire and also #3 now.

Expert:  Daryl replied 3 years ago.
Is there spark out of the coils?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes there is spark out of the coils
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes the coil has spark.
Expert:  Daryl replied 3 years ago.
If the coil has spark then there is no reason to check the power and grounding to the coil it is working. I would suspect a fuel pressure issue.
Daryl, Mercury Technician
Expert:  Daryl replied 3 years ago.
Yes low fuel pressure can cause a misfire and it can be random, meaning that it may change to other cylinders
Daryl, Mercury Technician