Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs

How to fix thermostat on 1994 Mercury Villager?

• Drain the cooling systemgraphic
  • Remove the upper radiator hose bracket bolt and the upper radiator hose bracket.

• Reposition the water bypass hose clamp and remove the water bypass hose from the water hose connection.

• If equipped with Air Conditioning (A/C) , remove the drier to evaporator liquid line bracket bolt and the drier to evaporator liquid line bracket to gain access to the water thermostat.graphic
  • If equipped with A/C, remove the suction accumulator/drier bracket bolts and the suction accumulator/drier bracket.

• If equipped with A/C, position the suction accumulator/drier and drier to evaporator liquid line out of the way.graphic
  • Remove the four water hose connection bolts and the water hose connection.

• Remove the water thermostat from the thermostat housing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hmm. None of the images show what/where the actual Thermostat is. (I would guess in a housing or something) That would be really helpful, don't you think? Can you describe where it is located maybe? I gathered that it is in something else - duh - but not sure which/what something else that is? Then, after I remove the themostat and put new one in, and put everything back together, what are steps I have to take to make sure I don't f something else up?

I am going to opt-out and forward you to another Tech that may better assist you. Sit tight one sec... someone will be right with you...

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you with your question.

If you follow the upper hose hose from the radiator, to the engine where is connects you will see the housing. What part are you confused with?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Details, that's what. Never mind. Found my Hayne's Manual in a box of junk AND found a great description of the process on eHow by Marion Cobretti. Between the 2 I can work it out. Suggestion: your images aren't really that great, could be better labeled. I don't want to scr*w you guys, but seems like I am more frustrated after reading your flip quickie responses than I was before I asked for help.
Here you are , straight from Ford. We are here to help you, You don't have to pay if you are not happy. The enclosed instructions are what the professionals use. Hope it helps if your haynes dosnt.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certs and Ford Certs