Randall
Randall, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  32 years, ASE Master technician
13677702

2006 Grand Marque, I need the location of the HVAC blend door actuator

2006 Grand Marque, I need the location of the HVAC blend door actuator. And how to get to it? Thanks
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Hello, the blend door is located in such a spot ot top , kind of left on top of teh HVAC case. They do not make it easy to get to. the dash ahs to be removed. In the shop we undo dash and lay it on the seats and work kind of over top of it.

TEMPERATURE BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR

Removal and Installation

1. Remove the instrument panel. Refer to: Body and Frame, Interior Moulding/Trim, Dashboard/Instrument Panel, Service and Repair, instrument Panel, See: Body and Frame\Interior Moulding / Trim\Dashboard / Instrument Panel\Service and Repair\Instrument Panel

1. Disconnect the temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.

1. Remove the 4 temperature blend door actuator screws.

1. Remove the temperature blend door actuator.
  2. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Randall, ASE Master Tech
Experience: 32 years, ASE Master technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm not a certified mechanic, I listed everthing I have done to find the problem, is the actuator the logical next step and is there a way to test it with out disassembly of the dash?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Before I tear the dash apart, I would like a means to varify the blend door actuator is at fault
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
I fully understand your concern A sscanner for dealer hooked up can vie much datat about blendo position and movemnet but wihout one, manual tests at the actauator plug is the only way in whci you still have to get to it. Unsure why they ever designed in such a spot.

PINPOINT TEST L: TEMPERATURE CONTROL IS INOPERATIVE/DOES NOT OPERATE CORRECTLY - MANUAL CLIMATE CONTROL

L1

L1-L3

L4-L5

L6-L7

L8-L10

L10-L11

Normal Operation
Under normal operation, the temperature blend door actuator is supplied voltage on circuit 248 (VT)/1040 (RD/BK) and ground on circuit 57 (BK). As the temperature selection changes it varies the voltage on circuit 437 (YE/LG) to the temperature blend door actuator. The temperature control potentiometer receives reference voltage from the temperature blend door actuator through circuit 436 (RD/LG). Ground for the temperature control potentiometer is supplied from the temperature blend door actuator through circuit 600 (DB).

Possible Causes

• Fuse
  • An open, short to voltage, ground or together in circuits 57 (BK), 248 (VT)/1040 (RD/BK), 436 (RD/LG), 437 (YE/LG) or 600 (DB)
  • Temperature blend door actuator
  • Temperature control potentiometer
  • Stuck or bound linkage or door