jeepmopar76
jeepmopar76, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master tech for 32 years, and 34 years garage /dealership service
16831211

I am looking for lower ball joints for a 2006 mercury milan.

Customer Question

I am looking for lower ball joints for a 2006 mercury milan. Can't find part online What is hazard of driving car with this part needing to be repalced
Category: Mercury
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Denny; now let me see if I can help you with your problem.

Ball joints are nothing to take lightly. If they come apart, the whole van will become un-drivable, and may cause an accident, if you are driving at speed, when they come apart.

You could always go to a different Dealer, and get a second opinion.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where can i get the part, dealer price is too high and online parts ae saying the part does not exist

You could try a local parts store, but some suspension parts are that way. I work primarily on Dodges, and there are some suspension parts that are only factory available.

One thing you could do is search for the lower control arm; sometimes the factory book will call it a ball joint, but it is actually the entire control arm. ( that may be why the cost is so high)