Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

2004 mercury monterey: minivan..the cruise control isnt working

i have a 2004 mercury monterey minivan. the cruise control isn't working. not the fuse. when i turn it on and hit the set button, i can see the little CC icon flickering, but it doesn't stay on. any thoughts.thanks, mark

ok, i need to crash i am beat. i'll check back in the morning to see where we are. thx

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

This is normal ya concern for the brake pressure switch on the end of the brake master cylinder faulty and or leaking and sending a signal out that the breaks are being applied. you can unplug it and use a jumper wire across the 2 wires on the harness side to bypass it to see if this is going to resolve it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

ok, would there be a way to check this scenerio? is it rare that the CC goes like this? also, do you need any addt'l information to help with your diagnosis. let me know. thanks,

You test to see if the switch is faulty by using the steps I mentioned to do above.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

ok Moose, you have helped me before, so i'll hook you up with the payment, but i need to know one other thing. would you happen to know what the wiring diagram would be for the above mentioned minivan to wire a trailer connector.

4 prong, flat connector. very standard from boat stores. i have the trailer all wired up, but i don't know what wire does what function, i.e. tail light, turn signals, etc. i really don't want to go get a curcuit tester if possible. i have seen wire, color, diagrams on the internet but not for this minivan. anyway you can shoot me a diagram or something on these wires under the bumper. let me know, thanks.,

Click here You can go and download the ford wire diagram and see the wire colors for the trailer connector