FORDEXPERT1
FORDEXPERT1, Mercury Technician
Experience:  FORD SENIOR MASTER TECHNICIAN
27396768

mercury Sable: abs engine lights..two mins i was driving..few seconds

Customer Question

I have got 04 mercury Sable brake and ABS engine lights on they are not always on but they are flashing continuously like every two mins i was driving tonight and once the light were on the whole electricity was off the lights and the radio just for few seconds then went on back i am really concerend of the saftey I am going to drive it for 12 hours tomorrow PLEASW HELP
Category: Mercury
Expert:  FORDEXPERT1 replied 7 years ago.
HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON? CAN I GET YOUR FULL VIN# XXXXX I CAN RUN IT ON FORDS SYSTEM?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok 3 months ago the car was losing its power and it was about to stall at the traffic signal or the stop sign and the check was on for seconds it happened many times so i went to the Ford dealer they said there is nothing with the engine they just cleaned the throttle body and have fuel filter replaced. it was good one month later the same problem happened and the engine light was on constantly. I went back to the same dealer and they hooked up the computer test and they said that the processor of the car is failed and need to be replaced for about 900 dollars. I declined that and negotaited with the technician to do something simple. He agreed and did something for FREE! i dont know what he did the engine light was off since then and the car driving so fine except the Barke and ABS light were on tonight

THE VIN # XXXXX

AND YOU SAY THEY ARE FLASHING? HAVE YOU CHECKED THAT BRAKE FLUID LEVEL?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I havent checked it but i topped it last week

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

they are flashing every few mins they come on and off they stay off for few mins and come back on

I WOULD SAY YOU NEED TO HAVE IT SCANNED FOR CODES. YOU SHOULD BE OK TO GO ON A DRIVE BUT IF THE BRAKE FEEL DIFFERENT THAN I WOULD NOT. WHEN THE ABS LIGHT IS ON THAT MEANS SOMETHING COULD PREVENT THE BRAKES FROM NOT UNLOCKING IN A PANIC STOP AND CAUSE YOU TO GO OUT OF CONTROL. PLEASE ACCEPT MY ANSWER SO I MAY GET CREDIT FOR MY WORK. THANKS RICH

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not sufficient answer thanks
DID YOU HAVE THE SYSTEM SCANNED FOR CODES?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No Because the all check lights are no longer on for two days and I drove the car for 13 hours and it was fine so i thought no need for scannig
THEN WHY DID YOU SAY MY ANSWR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH? YOU WERE WORRIED ABOUT GOING ON A LONG TRIP AND I ASKED YOU A FEW QUESTIONS AND RAN IT ON FORS SYSTEM AND TOLD YOU THAT YOU SHOULD BE OK ON THAT TRIP.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I ASKED YOU ABOUT THE PROBLEM THE CAUSE AND THE SOLUTION AND I HAVENT GOT ANY OF THESE

AND I TOLD YOU TO GET THE SYSTEM SCANNED SO THE PROBLEM CAN BE PINPOINTED AND YOU WOULD NOT DO THAT. THERE WILL BE CODES IN THE SYSTEM IF THE ABS LIGHT CAME ON AS LONG AS YOU HAVE NOT DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY.