Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

2000 Grand marquis: while parked and key..intermittently..flickers

2000 Grand Marqui's dome light comes on while parked and key out of ignition. Light comes on intermittently at different times and car has not been entered. Dome light also flickers at times in same scenario. Battery has been replaced. Car has slightly over 38,000 miles.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 years ago.

Hello Customer

I'm Chris, Thanks for coming to Just Answer, I am going to do my very best to provide an answer you can Hit Accept on in a timely matter.

Does the dome light ever come on while you in the car uncommaded?

Does the door ajar light in the instrument cluster work and does it ever come on while driving?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not that I am aware of Chris. Car sits under an covered carport. Could not see anything wet in the car or under the hood. Appears to be no corrosion under the hood.
Since your not getting this concern while driving the vehicle then there is no way to know if this is a door ajar sensor or Lightning control module causing this concern. You are going to need to get the LCM scanned for trouble codes to see where the failure lies. If you click here you will see how I am basing my answer from the ford diagnostic steps