Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

I have a 2000 lincoln ls v8, horn has stopped working, changed

I have a 2000 lincoln ls v8, horn has stopped working, changed fuse and relay out, cruise control still works what else can i do to figure out the issue?
You may also disconnect from horn , have some one press horn button , and use test light or meter and see if you have voltage to horn .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do i do that?

Hello Reeizzy

I'm Chris, Thanks for coming to Just Answer, I am going to do my very best to provide an answer you can Hit Accept on in a timely matter.

Different tech here.

At connector C131 you need to unplug the harness from the radio and probe the red/yellow wire and press the horn and see if you get 12 volts using a 10$ wire probe or a 30$ multimeter both can be purchased at a parts store. If you get voltage then the signal from the steering wheel is getting all the way to the horn and the horn is faulty. If you dont get power then follow the sire diagram to find where signal is lost from the switch to the horn. The connector and horn is at the the front passenger side of the engine compartment.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the c131 is inside the fuse box under the hood correct.
The connector C131 is right at the actual horn which makes the noise.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
are you saying that i have to take my radio out?
The radio is inside the car. The horn is outside of the car near the right front. You need to be testing at the horn, no where near the radio.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thank you i guess i was over thinking what you said thank you and i am accepting your reponse.
Your welcome, please make sure to do so on this post here, and dont forget you can reply at any time after doing so if needed
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Mercury