John Mc
John Mc, Mercury Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

error code P0775 Pressure control solenoid B circuit malfunction

error code P0775 Pressure control solenoid B circuit malfunction 2002 Mercury Mountaineer 4.6 liter.How to trouble shot, repair
Category: Mercury
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Hello, I am John, a Ford dealer technician.

I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately.

This is a common problem on these trucks and is pretty easy to repair. This is caused by a bad solenoid pack in the transmission. This part is located inside the pan. I will post instuctions on how to replace it. You will need a pressure filler in order to fill this transmission. If you don't have one you may have to take it to a mechanic to get it filled. Hope this helps.

Click here for instructions.

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
was just typing a reply and lost the page.Question do you have part # XXXXX not I can locate.I thought it would be a valve body and not just a solenoid.Better to be sure.If I am correct this is an 5S55R/or //S transmission.I have used this site once before and have had great assistance.I would like to apply a bonus but am not working right now i will be back.John ///mc I will remember you in the future.Thanks again.I have you and your answer saved fore future
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Very few problems with the valve bodies on these. Replaced MANY solenoid packs! The part number is

1L2Z7G391AE$403.24

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert