Dieseljunky2, Mercury Technician
Experience:  Worked for Ford, Linc, Mercury for 6 years

2000 lincoln: oil pump..guides..The gauge shows no oil pressure..rpms

2000 lincoln navigator
new oil pump, sender unit, timing chains, tensioners and guides. The gauge shows no oil pressure at idle but will rise after 800 rpms. Any ideas? also the bottom end of the motor has been rebuilt.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Dieseljunky2 replied 7 years ago.
Was the engine sludged up? the oil pickup tube could be clogged up. Have you tried checking the pressure with a manual gauge?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
engine block was tank cleaned when removed, along with all parts with exception of the heads due to they are aluminium. I cant find a service port for a manual gauge except for the oil sender.
That is the only service port. Also, did you replace the oil pump assy or did you put a pump kit? With all that, I am thinking maybe the pressure egulator plunger is stuck or is in backwards. One other thought, did the machine shop remove the oil galley plugs when the block was cleaned?