Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mecury Mechanic
Experience:  Ford Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

1991 Lincoln Town Car door locks. All door lock function correctly

1991 Lincoln Town Car door locks. All door lock function correctly with remote and passanger door switch, but drivers door switch will not lock any door. It will unlock, and the switch is okay, could it be a relay?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 years ago.

Since the Driver & Passenger Switch are like connected, I would want to check Driver Switch again & also verify that there is Ground on the Black wire at the Switch.
Then Ground on the Pink / Light Green & Pink / Yellow wires when the Switch is held in the Lock & Unlock position.

Typically wires break inside the Door Boot / Kick Panel Harness

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have rechecked the switch, even exchanged it with the one on the passanger door with same results, the doors will unlock but not lock using the drivers side control. Knowing that the switch does work in the one direction must mean there is a ground, which I have already checked. There is also continuity from the switch to the lock unit on both wires, so there should not be a break.

Sorry, this just means there is no break in the Black wire (Ground)
There still can be a break in the other wires going thru the Door Boot

The Pink / Yellow wire would likely be the problem, you need to remove the Driver Kick Panekl & see if there is Gorund on the Pink / Yellow wire coming from the Door with switch in Lock position