Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs

I have a 1995 Mercury Villager with the Check Engine light

I have a 1995 Mercury Villager with the "Check Engine" light on. I'm trying to find the location of the ECU connector so that I can get the code.
Second problem is I'm still not sure if this vehicle is ODB1 or ODB2 compliant. I purchase an ODB1 code reader but it didn't include the 1995 villager. Was the 95 Quest (hence 95 villager) already OBD2?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Your 1995 Data link connector is inside the interior fuse panel and it is considered OBD 1 and you will new a New Generation Star Tester to read the code. The hand held OBD2 will not work.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Awesome! Thanks a million.

I'll try to find a New Generation Star tester, however I was going to try the Equus 3145 Digital Ford Code Reader from my local auto part store even though the supposedly don't work for 1995 Villager.

Either way, you got me on the right path. Great site - I'll be back.
Your very welcome. Thank you as well.