Tim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master tech, ASE certified

2000 cougar: that seems to bolt..fuel injector..air intake..connector

Customer Question

I have a fuel leak on a 2000 cougar, 2.5 V6 from a valve that seems to bolt to the fuel injector spray bar at the end. It mounts with 2 ea 7mm screws and splits in half when you remove the screws. It is directly under the air intake hook-up and comes from a fuel line that has a kind of diaphram in the line between the valve and the firewall, it also has a red line hooking up to the bottom and and electrical connector on the forward side. Do you have any idea what its called and does a seal kit exist for it?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Tim replied 7 years ago.

Here is a picture of the fuel system on the 2.5 cougar.

Do you see the part in here?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It appears to be item 5 in the IPB, however that does not show the electrical connector or the red wire coming in on the bottom? It does seem to have the correct mount pattern and the location appears correct . Are there seals on the back side and if so can you send me a breakdown showing where they go and what sizes I need?
Expert:  Tim replied 7 years ago.

That is the fuel pressure regulator. You will need to match up the one that is on it or replace the regulator and it will come with the o-ring.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Nope thats not it then, already been that route, bought one for $70 bucks this weekend and wasnt the right part. I will have to get it towed in to have it repaired I suppose. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Tim replied 7 years ago.
Sorry thats all there is showing in the fuel system