Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

1999 Mercury Cougar: the brake pad warning light on overhead panel

How to reset the brake pad warning light on overhead panel on 1999 Mercury Cougar?

Hello XXXXX'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for visiting Just Answer. I will do my very best to help you resolve your concerns.

The overhead warning indicator for the brakes means you need to inspect and replace thefront or rear brake pads which are lower than specs and verify thebrake fluid level is at the correct height.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have replaced the pads on all wheels. But the light is still on. How do I reset the light.

Check the sensors at the wheels to see if they are opened orclosed electrically thus telling the instrument cluster to light the overhead warning lamp incorrect.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX The front pads came with new sensors. Should I replace the sensors on the back pads?
You do not need to replace anything till you test them all electrically to see which is faulty. Your welcome.