MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I recently noticed a fluid leak from my 2002 CL 600. My ABC

Customer Question

I recently noticed a fluid leak from my 2002 CL 600. My ABC reservois level looks fine, but my power steering reservois is low. I've read somewhere that both systems take the same fluid, but it appears to me that the power steering fluid is more amber in color while the ABC system is more green from the Pentosin CHF11S.What is the factory spec for the power steering fluid? I want to be absolutely sure I add the correct fluid.Please also confirm that the power steering reservois is the one closest to the front of the vehicle, with the ABC reservois being behind it.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 7 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 7 days ago.

Your 2002 CL600 dose call for Pentosin CHF 11S PS fluid .

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Does that Pentosin come in varieties that are both green and amber? I'm mystified by the two different colors.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 days ago.

Not that I am aware of but there may be some aftermarket brands that do and that may be what you have in your system as well.