Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2001 SLK 230 I enter the wrong code now the wadio

Customer Question

I have a 2001 SLK 230 I enter the wrong code now the wadio only said wait
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I enter 2. But I go another code from Mercedes I dont have it with me. How do I get it to go back to code
JA: What is the model of your '01 Mercedes?
Customer: SLK230
JA: Are you fixing your SLK230 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No the battery was replaced
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

where did you get the code from that you entered and also If you give me your vin i can get you the last code stored in the mercedes system, if that does not work we will have to remove the radio and get the serial number off the side of the radio, sometimes even we would write the code on the case of the radio. so get me the vin and i can get you the code, :)

thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I got the code yesterday I just enter one number by mistake now the radio said wait and nothing happens

oh ok

that is not a problem, here is how to fix it. i am typing now

when the radio says WAIT it is because the wrong code was entered 3 times, there are 3 levels of WAIT time,

1. 15 minutes
  2. 1 hour
  3. up to 24 hours

so in order to get the radio back to CODE you must leave the radio on and the ignition on until the radio goes back to CODE, so your best bet is to set a battery charger on the battery and leave the key on and the radio on to display WAIT until it goes back to CODE . it will come off it just takes time. each time the power is turned off it resets the timer. hope this helps. Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 days ago.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.