b5demon
b5demon, Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler certified master technician with over 17 year in dealer
13235514

Lookn 2 buy 2009 e320 diesel. 99,. Carfax report looks good

Customer Question

lookn 2 buy 2009 e320 diesel. 99,xxx. Carfax report looks good 3 prev owners, maint seems 2 have been kept up with. Heard rumors some Mercedes need timing chains replaced every 100,xxx miles, is that correct? Any major problems 2 look out for, future expensive replacements? Wife and I are both retired and this will probably be our last vehicle purchase
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: engine orginal 2 car as far as I know, last oil change at toyota dealership 98,xxx
JA: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Wnating to purshase used 2009 e320 diesel, never owned one b4
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 month ago.

Hi Welcome to Just Answer! You have done your homework with getting the records on the car. That is great that it has been properly maintained. Most of the issues we see with the timing chain is due to a lack of oil changes causing excessive wear. We have several that come into our dealer that have over 200,000 miles on them without any major issues or timing chain replacements. but they are all serviced regularly by us. They are great cars and with the records you have on that one i wouldn't hesitate buying it.