Kevin
Kevin, Master tech
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I own a 2012 Mercedes CL 550 with 48,000 miles. Drove

Customer Question

I own a 2012 Mercedes CL 550 with 48,000 miles. Drove through low level water a week ago and now having suspension issues. Car leans very low on front passenger side. When I start the engine, the compressor engages and the front passenger side lifts slightly, the compressor stops, and I hear a slight air release which is normal. On inspection I don't hear air leaking from the right passenger strut; however, when I jack the car up a little, air escapes violently from under the wheel well and the car level drops again.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hi im kevin with car jacked up did you spray soapy water on the loaction of the air releasing

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Couldn't tell where it was coming from because the release is quick. Can't see much because the tire is on. I did spray the strut with the tire off but didn't see anything. As you lift the car, the air releases slowly, but as you lift it higher the air releases faster.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Ok you wil need to try to locate this air it should vent when jacked up

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do you me "vent"? And what could cause this car to lean? A defective right front strut, poor performing compressor? What?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Most likely a strut to be honest when i say vent i mean leak air

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm thinking that right front strut. What are your thoughts?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

That is the most likely cause the struts are the most common part to fail and too leak

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all