Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Trunk won't open Battery is dead Key is not working, It is

Customer Question

Trunk won't open Battery is dead Key is not working
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: It is in the trunk thus the reason I am trying to open the trunk
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004 e500 4matic
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am I have tried my key and it turns but handle won't pop open the trunk
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

are you trying to open the trunk by turning the key to the left to 11 oclock and holding it there while popping the trunk handle?

we can power the car to open the trunk through the passenger floor fuse box, but you need to be very careful and use another battery and NOT a running car, the fuse box is under the floor carpet and metal plate, here is a link to a picture, all you need to do is hook the negative to bare sheet metal of course and touch the terminal in the red circle with the positive cable and you should be able to power the car long enough to pop the trunk with the remote fob.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE 1 or 2 stars AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer.