Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My 2003 E320 MB sedan was showing display "electrical

Customer Question

my 2003 E320 MB sedan was showing display "electrical connectors off" 2 days ago & I last drove the car 2 days ago.....now the car is in the driveway making a "chirping noise under the hood" and it cannot start at all , cannot turn overheadlights on , etc. What is it? Dead Battery
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: No it's too dark, the small battery was previously changed at an ARCO repair station a few years ago & rear large battery in the trunk area was changed about 1 year ago by my brother.
JA: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I just arrived home, its dark, I will have car towed by AAA for repair, just wondered why its making a "chirping noise under hood"
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no the car is a 2003 E320 MB 4-door sedan Sedan, the "chirping noise under the hood" is the 1st time this has occurred
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

your alarm siren is under the passenger side fender, when the battery dies sometimes it glitches the alarm and the alarm goes off and the alarm siren itself has an internal battery, so once the alarm goes off it cannot be stopped unless the car tells it to. that is where the chirp noise is coming from, hope this helps, Lou P.

let me know if you need any more help, sounds like the battery just died.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.