Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have a 1995 Mercedes S320 and I am having a problem with a

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Mercedes S320 and I am having a problem with a parasitic drain on the battery. I have identified which circuit in the fuse panel that is causing the problem but I don't know how to take it from here. There are a few things on that circuit (hazard lights, steering wheel position sensor, and the instrument cluster). I need some guidance on where to go with troubleshooting the problem.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot hear or see your vehicle so I rely on your input to my questions. I read your notes and see you have done your home work identifying the draw, very good! now you have to back step each item and disconnect them one by one just as you did finding the fuse. Personalty I would locate your hazard light flasher unit and disconnect it first to try that then the instruments because if it were the steering sensor it would more so set a code. Hope this gives you more direction where to start.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay, I will start with the hazard lights. What is the best way to disconnect the instrument cluster?

Before you do that has anything been added as accessories?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No accessories have been added.

Ok thanx for that info. then try that hazard light relay first then we can worry about the rest latter.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you tell me where the hazard light relay is located?

I don't have that info rt now but most of them are located in the driver's side kick panel. or just above it.