Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Radio cuts out about 5 minutes after starting, head lights

Radio cuts out about 5 minutes after starting
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: head lights work, don't know about the battery as I bought the car about 4 months ago.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2010 S550
JA: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hell no I'm not fixing it myself. Just trying to figure it out before I take it to a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

for clarification, and so i can assist better, what do you mean by "cuts out" does the screen go blank, does the screen work but the sound quits, what EXACTLY HAPPENS?thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
screen stays on but sound cuts off, phone will not come on either.

OK. that is good news. there is a software update that is needed, you will not have to replace any parts most likely, this model had a lot of audio issues and there are software updates that are needed before the car can be diagnosed if the issue persists, you will need to contact the local dealer and have them check the system for updates and update the modules in the audio system that need it, it can take between 30 min to 3 hours depending on how many audio components need updated. but you should only be charged for 1 hour. cause all they have to do is hook up the scanner and insert a cd if needed. hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.