Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a sat radio in my gl450 that loses signal frequently

Customer Question

i have a sat radio in my gl450 that loses signal frequently do i possibly have an antenna problem
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: came with car 2011 gl450
JA: What is the model of your '11 Mercedes?
Customer: suv gl450
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: had sirius send signal to reboot radio
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: brake when depressed shudders like slipping no warning lights but i do see a yellow pyramid lighjt come on and blink
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

your sat radio module in your model is very problematic, most likely the module needs replaced.

for the flashing warning, that is the traction system coming on, what are the condition of your tires?

the flashing occurs when the traction system is trying to stop the wheels from slipping, either you have a faulty wheel bearing with sensor or the tire tread is low and the wheels are slipping or there is a sensor fault, without a scan tool to detect what the module is seeing it can be hard to advise on what the issue can be specifically, sometimes only 1 wheel will chatter with the abs so it can be localized to a issue with the affected wheel. most times if its the wheel bearing you will have a slight humming noise when driving and turning. let me know if this helps, Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no humming sound as indicated by bad bearing and tires are six month old 2000 miles driven it must be a sensor fault. when i plugged in a module to identify errors it only shows a thermostate needs attention

depending on the scan tool used you may only be reading the engine module, your car has 30 modules. not all scanners can read all codes. and also unless the triangle and esp lights are steady on the dash it will not be a stored fault, the car will think its operation is correct even though it is acting up.