Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2009 ml320 blutec, ml320blutec. Replaced rt doot actuator.

Customer Question

2009 ml320 blutec
JA: What is the model of your '09 Mercedes?
Customer: ml320blutec. Replaced rt doot actuator. During task left over night with fob in ignition. When attempting to start car would not start--seemed to cycle,
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: new and okay. A
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: noted when attempting to start they battery voltaga measured at brass charge post would cycle between 12.5 and 0 volts (not possible? Fluke voltmeter?) Found battery to be 4 years old and not approved type so bought new approved and connected-same problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. When removing start butto cap , iserting fob and turning to positin 2 the seat, windows electronics function correctly-the door locks do not
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

there are quite a few issues that can cause this scenario, a failing electronic ignition switch is the most common you can tell because when you insert the key and turn it to the second click the dash does not come to life, let me know if it does or not, also we have a issue with the front fuse box burning and causing a loss of voltage, from what i read you are telling me that the positive post has 12.5 volts until you try and start it and then it goes to 0 volts? if that is the case either the connections on the battery are very poor or the meter is bad or not connecting properly, you can also use the stud in the front engine bay fuse box. let me know what you find and I will do my best to help you. Lou P.