Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Key Fob will not lock car, yes replaced, 2006 CLK 350

Customer Question

Key Fob will not lock car
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yes replaced
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2006 CLK 350 convertible will unlock
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes checked fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: signal light from FOB operates only on unlock
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the signal light on the fob only operates on unlock and does not flash when lock is pressed and you have already replaced the battery in the fob itself this indicates the fob has an internal fault needing replaced.The fob flashes this light to let you know the battery is good and that a button was pressed on the fob.Since it does not flash when lock is pressed then the fob is faulty.This has to be ordered from a dealer.They will get it in over night in most all cases and it comes pre programmed ready to go on your model.A used one will not work even though some online places say they will.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete