Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a 1997 S320. Recently the ASR warning light is on.

Customer Question

My name is***** and I have a 1997 S320. Recently the ASR warning light is on.
Please tell me what are the possible issues can trigger the ASR problem and how to check it. I removed the ETA from the car but don't know how to check it by a electrical meter. Can you share the schematics with me?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here can be something as simple as a faulty stop lamp switch.I have also seen throttle body issues as well as vehicle speed/wheel speed sensor issues cause this here.What will have to be done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a dealers sds machine that can read all computers in your model or a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete