Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Headliner creaks, 2010 c300, try to find creak hard to

Customer Question

headliner creaks
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2010 c300
JA: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: try to find creak hard to locate doesn't do it when sun roof is fully open
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If this occurs with the sun roof closed but not open this indicates the noise is coming from either the glass seated into the body when closed as I have seen this occur or an issue with the sun roof track itself with a loose component needing replaced.

I have taken a small amount of lubricant on my finger and wiped it on the seal around the sun roof glass as this sometimes takes care of the noise as it can rub on the body and cause this issue.But in other cases I have had to remove the head liner and operate the vehicle until the noise occurs and then with a second person driving listen and feel around the sun roof track for any loose or damaged components.I have seen loose mounting screws for the sun roof track needing tightened to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete