MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

The rear lock button has come unhooked at the bottom of the

Customer Question

the rear lock button has come unhooked at the bottom of the shaft. looks like the rear door panel needs to come off to reattach. any ideas? is it possible to insert the button shaft and try to turn it to reconnect?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2013 ml 350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have removed the button and its shaft from the door by pulling it up out of the panel hole
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** the lock rod by feel will be pretty difficult if not impossible. I think you will need to remove the rear door panel in order to refit the rod to the door lock actuator. I can send you the instructions for removing the panel if you would like to attempt this yourself. I've sent you an additional service offer for the workshop instructions.