Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a C250 and I am having issues with the audio and

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a C250 and I am having issues with the audio and radio today I turned on the radio and it connected wit the cell phone and went off
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Why should I minimize you?
JA: What year is your C250?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this is not the first time I have had issues with audio when I tried to link the bluetooth audio to the phone I get device paused so I stopped using that now the radio is having issues not sure what to do this is the first time I am seeking assistance just purchased in October
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like the sudio system to work properly everything else is ok audio
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the radio coming on but no sound is heard?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The radio comes on, then the sound goes off
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It says it is connecting with the cell phone
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but the radio should not be connecting with the cell phone
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Then the sound goes off
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is a message that I can go get - but the car is in the garage now
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a cell phone on you that is or was paired up to your model here?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The cell phone was paired with the telephone
and blue tooth audio
but it should not and was not paired with the radio
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need to know why all of a sudden today the radio started pairing with the cell phone and when I use blue tooth audio it states device paused
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

If you leave the cell phone in the house do you still see this message here?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't tried that
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Because I take my cell phone with me when I drive
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can try that - but at some point - this has to work with the cell phone
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,try this and see if this works to resolve the messages and faults here.I suspect your blue tooth is still trying to connect with your phone and may be causing this issue here.I have seen issues with the command unit/radio in the dash before cause this fault here.In some cases a software update from a dealer may correct this here if this is a software issue here.In other cases the command unit may need replaced.The command unit/radio is tied into operation of the blue tooth in your model here.

The fault codes would need checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers.This has to be a scan tool or dealers sds machine that can read all computers.Once this is done any codes set will help diagnose and locate this issue here.

It may be a software update that is needed by a dealer to get the command and blue tooth to operate properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Should I contact my dealer since I just purchased my vechicle in October and should not be having any issues
or should I work with you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not sure if there are charges for this chat or not
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I must monitor this to be sure there are not any continuing charges.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I would contact the dealer on this since you just purchased it from them and see if they will help with any costs for diagnosis and repair on this here.In some cases they may assist with the repairs for this.Unfortunately I am unable to test this or program it from here so the dealer is the best option.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am going to contact my dealer directly - because I think this is an issue
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

That would probably be the best option especially if you bought it from them.They can check programming to see if any programming is needed here as well as check to see if the command or any other component is at fault needing replaced here.

Thanks Pete