Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

WHAT IS ABC MALFUNCTION MEANS, YEAR. 2008. S550. MILEAGE

Customer Question

WHAT IS ABC MALFUNCTION MEANS
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: YEAR. 2008. S550. MILEAGE LESS THAN 50000
JA: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOTHING I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH IT WILL COST
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: WHO CAN FIX IT I AM RETAIRED PERSON I RECEIVED THIS CAR ON MY BIRTHDAY I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN AFFORD IT
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, the ABC stands for ACTIVE BODY CONTROL and is your hydraulic suspension. In order to know what is the possible causes I need to know the codes in the system so you will have to have the codes read with a mercedes scan tool. The cost associated with the hydraulic suspension can be great, the parts and labor are expensive so i always recommend the dealer since not a lot of shops outside of mercedes know much about the systems or can diagnose them. Lou P.