Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2003 Mercedes 500 SL and the fluid in the Body

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2003 Mercedes 500 SL and the fluid in the Body Control system is leaking. The pump has been replaced and the two rear shocks replaced. When I switch inside the car to ABC Sport - The fluid sump for this system begins to leak. Is this normal or is there a missing O-Ring or???
JA: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?
Customer: The fluid is a lubricant. It is light tank and slippery. The fluid shows up on the floor under the sump in the front of the car. The fluid also runs back towards the back of the car and drops on the floor under the drivers seat.
JA: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The sl has been to a mechanic 3 times for this problem. I spent $5023 on new pump and new rear shocks. I am not working on the car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the car has 42K miles.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, the first thing we need to do is make sure the fluid level is adjusted correctly, I'll send over the info on how to check the fluid level.

anytime the sump starts to leak tells me the fluid is overfull.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.

.