MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a problem with my 2004 CLK320 Cabriolet. When I pull

Customer Question

I have a problem with my 2004 CLK320 Cabriolet. When I pull the top down switch, the back portion of the soft top rises up, but the metal top cover won't open to receive the top.
JA: Are you fixing your CLK320 Cabriolet yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am attempting to fix myself! I checked fuses, no problem there.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: This one has 3. I have studied the schematic and the soft top is controlled by a 20 amp fuse in the fuse block that is on the driver's side of the dash. The fuse is OK, and no other fuses are listed as being a part of the soft top.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need to know how to diagnose whether I have a control module problem or some other problem.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Alan Hatcher replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am here to help. When did this problem with your convertible first occur? I'm looking for clues like "right after I unloaded my last delivery for meals on wheels" or "right after I had my regular mechanic fix the widget thingy" anything at all like this - an event that could have bumped something or caused something to come unplugged.