MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I just had an accident in my garage. I was stopped to let

Customer Question

I just had an accident in my garage. I was stopped to let out a passenger and when I stepped on the gas the car went forward at a very accelerated speed and crashed into the back wall. It is a 2012 C300 4 matic.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: yes to gas hog
JA: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no there is massive damage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: this is the second time it has done this. The first time I thought it was my fault but now it does'nt make any sense that it would be my fault.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: do I need to set up an appointment
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you saying the car was in reverse but went forward with this fault here when you stepped on the gas or are you saying it accelerated to quickly on its own?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It accelerated to quickly on its own.