Kevin
Kevin, Master tech
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a 2000 E320 the dash lit up with every light possible

Customer Question

I have a 2000 E320 the dash lit up with every light possible went into "limp" mode and stayed that way until I got it home. Woke up the next morning, just the check engine light was on. Car drove perfectly fine to MB dealer. They initially said it was probably computers. Called yesterday and said they were in "best guess scenario" because they could not make the car have the problem again. They are recommending a new shifter. I am not sure what to do at this point. Any advice?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: The Check Engine light stayed on steady when I drove it to the dealer.
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I took it to the dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

Hi im kevin i personally the fact car drove fine there and they cannot get fault to reoccur .i would ask them to reset faults and get car back to try as it may have been a one off and if not and it does it again at may give them a clearer indication as to the cause as it sounds as though they are struggling

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** not have them replace the shifter butrather get the car back and wait and see if there is another occurrence?
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

That would be my recommendation it sounds like they are struggling and mabye working with what little they have to go on

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks so much Kevin, appreciate the advice! Have a good Thanksgiving!
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

No problem please remeber to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Expert:  Kevin replied 14 days ago.

Please rate my service

Expert:  Kevin replied 13 days ago.

Please rate