Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

R350 CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WILL NOT GO OFF. HAVE HAD TO DEALER

Customer Question

R350 CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WILL NOT GO OFF. HAVE HAD TO DEALER NUMEROUS TIMES. CANNOT GET INSPECTION STICKER.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: STAYS ON CONTINUALLY
JA: What year is your R350?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your R350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO, HAVE BEEN TO CERTIFIED MB DEALER NUMEROUS TIMES.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: HOW TO ACQUIRE INSPECTION STICKER WITH THIS PROBLEM
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately the only way to get an inspection sticker is with this light off.There is no other work around for it.It sounds like either the dealer has been diagnosing and repairing incorrectly and this is the reason the light is on or that if no faults are detected the light is on due to an internal electrical fault in the instrument cluster itself with it needing replaced.One of these is usually the cause here.

But this will have to be tested further (an you may have to go to a different dealer/repair facilty) to locate what is causing this light to stay on.Then that fault corrected and once corrected the light will turn off with either the correction that is done or by clearing out the fault codes after the repair.

There is a huge list of reasons why this light is on so this will need to be diagnosed properly/further to locate and repair the cause and corrected from there.

I wish I knew of a work around for you but unfortunately there is no work around.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete