Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I want to change oil for my car, but i dont know which type

Customer Question

Hi, i want to change oil for my car, but i dont know which type i should use its a 2009 ML320
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: like 3 months ago
JA: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i got this used car 3 month ago, and now there is a problem with the rear main seal, which caused oil leaking, so before i get it fixed, i have to add some oil to the engine to make sure it wont run out of oil
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i dont have a mechanic, thats why i feel so bad right now
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 19 days ago.
Hello my name is***** car takes Mobil 1 5w-40 oil with a label that will say ESP for emission system protection. On the back it will show the specifications and it will show Mercedes Benz 229.51. That is the oil you want to use. Should take between 8-9 quarts depending on how long you let the oil drain. Also you need a special cup tool to remove the oil filter housing. And always loosen the housing first so the oil can drain to the oil pan. Hope this information helps let Me know if you have any questions I will help you as much as I can. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.