Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I just bought an Sand the closter look that been changed,

Customer Question

I just bought an S(###) ###-####and the closter look that been changed, everything work but the miles show just dots
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: S(###) ###-####
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I found another cluster in the trunk
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: my odometer doent show me the millege
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just if is any way that i can find out the milles
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Sounds like they got a used cluster. When ordered from the dealer the miles comes programmed in. If it shows lines or dots then the cluster is not for that car. You will need to order a new one from Mercedes or find an online company to program miles into yours. You can try to plug in the old cluster and see if the miles displays. If not the dealer can get the miles from the ignition switch. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need more info or anything I can help with. Please feel free to respond if needed. I'm not sure if you require more info or not but that's the just of it. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The cluster is for the car but is what I thought, they change it but did not been program so I have to bring it to do that.
Thank you.

No problem. The dealer cannot program a used cluster. It needs to be replaced or sent to a online shop. Hope this information helps. Please do not forget to rate :)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks I will look for someone to fix it.

ok , sounds good.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.