Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

My ml350 wont start. key turns does nothing. i am thinking

Customer Question

my ml350 wont start. key turns does nothing. i am thinking safety or transinterlock. maybe would start if i could get it to neutral
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 17 days ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.May I ask how technical you are? And do you have a scanner? I ask because of most of the tests for the starting system require a scanner and a mechanical knowledge. There are a few tests I can give you if you want. Like have you checked the starter relay? And have you been able to get it into neutral just a check? Let me know and I will do my best to help.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 16 days ago.

Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks
Sonny

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I was able to start vehicle by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting thereby resetting the car.
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 15 days ago.

so you don't need help any more with it?