Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I hace a 2006 e350 after turning the car off. Sometimes when

Customer Question

I hace a 2006 e350 after turning the car off. Sometimes when I go back to May car the console is on and the radio is on. I could be 30 minutes roe several hours when I get back to my car
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Original
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't done anything yet. I have everything done by a certified Mercedes marchanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Both batteries were just changed about a week ago
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like one or more of the control units/ecu's is staying powered up with the key off.This can occur in some cases with a faulty ecu like a sam control unit in some cases.

What will have to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set with this fault here.This may require a dealers sds machine to check all computers for codes and to also check the wake status for each control unit to help locate one at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete